UPDATED STATEMENT ON COVID-19
ALL TICKETS PURCHASED FOR PERFORMANCES OF THE WOMAN IN BLACK AT THE FORTUNE THEATRE WHICH DO NOT GO AHEAD BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS RELATED RESTRICTIONS WILL BE ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND, FULL CREDIT NOTE OR EXCHANGE TO A FUTURE PERFORMANCE. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY YOUR CHOSEN TICKET RETAILER IF YOUR PERFORMANCE IS AFFECTED.
HERE BELOW IS THE LATEST INFORMATION ISSUED BY THE SOCIETY OF LONDON THEATRE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will theatres reopen?
● The decisions to reopen theatres will be made based on government and scientific advice on gatherings and events. Once lockdown restrictions have lifted, indoor theatres will be able to reopen again with socially distanced audiences. Find out more about this on our See It Safely page.
How do I find out whether a performance has been cancelled?
● You can check the individual show’s website to see which performances have been cancelled. You can find current closure dates for SOLT member theatres on our venues information page here.
I have a ticket to a cancelled performance, what should I do?
● If the performance you booked for has been cancelled, you do not need to do anything. You will be contacted by your ticket provider to arrange a refund, exchange or credit note.
What if I still want to see the show?
● If the show you have booked for is planning to reopen, you can opt for an exchange or, with some retailers, a credit note. An exchange will change your ticket to a later date in the show’s run. A credit note can be used to rebook tickets for a date of your choice through the same retailer when the show reopens.
Can I get my money back if I have a ticket to a cancelled performance?
● Yes. All West End shows will provide a refund if requested.
● Some theatres and ticket agents are encouraging customers to opt for an exchange or credit note to help support the theatre industry in these difficult times.
What happens if I paid for my ticket with a Theatre Token?
● If you purchased through Official London Theatre, once your refund has been processed by the ticketing company, your ticket will be refunded as a Theatre Tokens eGift that will be emailed to you.
● If you paid only in part with a Theatre Token, your payment will be refunded in part by a Theatre Tokens eGift which will be emailed to you and partly paid direct to your account.
● Other retailers may refund Theatre Tokens as different payment types, so read the communications from your ticket provider carefully.